Your pets are also allowed to enjoy some of the things you do too. Sometimes, it’s difficult to know when your pet is in pain, anxious, or distressed. In the same way as a human, you are entitled to CBD products to handle those times you feel down, and so do your pets, either dogs or cats. You can always get your pet any CBD product designed for their consumption. There are many sites where you can buy CBD for Pets Online.
When it comes to CBD oils for your pets, either canine or feline, there is a lot of information going around, which makes it hard to sieve out which is accurate from an exaggeration. You will need to be cautious. The same way you are what you decide to buy for yourself, that also applies to buying for your pets. And for you who are new to CBD and of course, you want what is best for your pet, you might wonder what CBD is all about and what its benefits are, then you are at the right place as we would be discussing in this article.
What is CBD oil?
CBD, a shortened form of cannabidiol, is a compound found in plants of cannabis and hemp. Cbd oil does not contain delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol THC in most cases. This compound THC has psychoactive properties.
How CBD affects your pets
Just like in humans, cannabidiol interacts with the endocannabinoid receptor located in the central and peripheral nervous systems, responsible for maintaining balance in the body and keeping the body in a normal and healthy state.
Health problems that it can treat in pets
Many who have used CBD have given their reviews on it. Although no concise data have been found, dog owners have claimed the following:
- Treatment of pain, especially neuropathic pain.
- Reducing the frequency of seizures and also controlling them.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties, been used on sprains.
- It has been found to have cardiac benefits and anti-nausea effects.
- Also used in the stimulation of appetite, as an anxiolytic, and also in pets with cancer.
The possible side effects include:
- Xerostomia (dry mouth). It has been found to reduce the production of saliva, especially in dogs and thus increasing thirst.
- Hypotension. In some cases, high doses of CBD have been found to cause temporary hypotension and even in low doses, your pets might experience light-headedness.
- Drowsiness. Pet owners, especially dogs have used CBD in treating anxiety, the calming effect it gives can also result in drowsiness, in both felines and canines.
The risks of giving CBD to your pets have not yet been established but you should always notify the veterinary doctor before using any CBD products, either oils, gummies, or however they come, for your dog. And while getting your CBD product, ensure to carry out your research.