Children are our future. The Regional Office of Education partners with families, school districts, and communities to build, support, and enhance educational opportunities for the success of our children, now and in the future.
Current News -
Summer Professional Development
There are many professional development opportunities available from the Regional Office of Education this summer. Examples include the Danielson Framework for Teaching, the Common Core State Standards for both English / Language Arts and Math, the Next Generation Science Standards, Technology, and STARLAB.
For previous news items, click here.
Message from Debbie Niederhauser Regional Superintendent of Schools
It's hard to believe that the school year is coming to a close and summer is almost here! This summer will bring many changes with regard to educator certification. A short summary and PowerPoint of those changes are below. Please know that this is an ongoing process and changes to the process occur frequently. The Regional Office is here to help you in the midst of these changes. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions you may have or any guidance you might need.
2013 Conversion to Illinois Professional Educator Licenses
Standard or Master Teaching, School Service personnel, Administrator
What is happening? Changes to Illinois professional educator certification are scheduled to be implemented during the 2012-13 school year. June 30, 2013 is the target date for implementation of the new Illinois Licensure system. ECS is scheduled to be replaced by the Educator License Information System (ELIS) on June 30, 2013. ELIS will not collect or display certificate renewal activities. Access to ECS is scheduled to cease when ELIS begins.
What does that mean to me? We have been told that Professional Development activities that you have recorded in ECS will not transfer to ELIS. You will not have access to ECS to retrieve or print out those activities.
What about renewal requirements for license renewal in 2014 and beyond? There are no details at this time.
What should I do now? Before June 30, 2013:
• Log on to ECS at http://www.isbe.net/ECS
• Update address and phone in My Profile, Personal Settings
• Update email address in My Profile, Account Settings
• Click on Professional Development Activities and print your list of activities.
• Click on My Credentials, Current Credentials, and print your credentials page.
• If you are active in an Illinois public school and you have a 2013 renewal date, complete your renewal steps, including payment of registration fees on ECS by June 15, 2013 to ensure completion by June 30, 2013.
• If you are a 2013 renewal, print your Statement of Assurance after it is approved and keep a copy in your file.